Monday, November 12, 2012

28th year of life



Speaking of empowerment and sustainability I have decided to set 25 goals which I want to accomplish during my 28th year of life to empower myself to take on more challenges, which, I think, will sustain character and a habitual positive attitude, or at least I hope. :) I turned 28 on October 18th and my birthday week was pretty crazy so I am just getting around to setting these goals. Maybe I should end my long unhealthy relationship with procrastination this year… mmm… maybe next year. Here are the goals I have set for myself (Keep in mind I will be in Kenya until May of 2013 so I will have 5 months in SF before my 29th year of life where a new goal list will be made).

1.     Summit another Africa mountain
2.     Visit 5 new countries or US states I have never been to (finances permitting)
3.     Scuba Dive in an ocean I haven’t explored yet
4.     Assist in 30 births as a Doula
5.     Complete requirements to become Doula certified
6.     Join a swim team when I get back to San Francisco
7.     Learn and practice 5 new hobbies
8.     Learn a new language
9.     Do something crafty/artsy once a month
10.  Compete in my first triathlon
11.  Become more proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
12.  Live a more environmentally friendly and economic life (reduce, reuse and recycle)
13.  Volunteer monthly at a clinic or organization that is focused on sustainable farming and another organization focused on prenatal care.
14.  Stay up to date on current events by reading the news daily
15.  Learn about a new culture each month and apply an aspect of that culture to my life that month
16.  Learn more about personal finance from Matt and suggested readings  :)
17.  Become a better road cyclist by tackling my fear of riding in large cities…safely of course :)
18.  Learn more about the techniques, benefits and risks of acupressure and herbal remedies and apply them when necessary during my Doula shifts.
19.  Read a new book each month (any suggestions??)
20.  Be symptom free of Crohn’s through proper diet and exercise
21.  Engage in daily health and wellness activities (i.e. exercise, meditation, yoga, etc)
22.  Start a garden plot in San Francisco and learn to grow herbs indoors
23.  Take monthly classes about gardening in San Francisco at Garden for the Environment and spend time with my friend Olambo each month here in Kenya to learn more about agriculture.
24.  Take more pictures to document my life’s adventures and create digital scrapbooks with journal entries for each adventure
25.  Continue to strive to be the best friend, sister, daughter, wife and individual I can be by showing patience, love, respect, compassion, kindness, curiosity and encouragement to myself and those around me.

 Wish me luck on my yearlong journey to create a sustainable healthy life for myself and empower others to do the same. :)

Love, peace and chicken grease,
Caroline



No comments:

Post a Comment